Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday

 
 
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. Each week, 
they post a different topic, and you get to create your own top ten list. So, this week's  topic is Top Ten Books you just HAD to buy, but are still sitting on my shelf waiting to be read.
 
Some of these are a repeat from last week, so I apologize ahead of time.


Atlas Shrugged     By: Ayn Rand: My brother has been telling me for years to read this. I went out right away and bought it and I have had it on my shelf for so long. I think what’s keeping me from reading it is the vastness of it!

The Postmistress     By: Sarah Blake: This caught my eye right away at the bookstore…and yet…it’s still sitting on my shelf.

The Clinton Tapes      By: Taylor Branch: I think living in DC makes me want to be more political and interested in our country’s history. Also, I love Clinton!! So when I found this book on Amazon it took me all about two seconds to decide that I needed it. Haven’t even opened it yet. 

Cutting For Stone     By: Abraham Verghese: My mother was in love with this book, so I went out and bought it right away. We both are always giving each other book suggestions. Unfortunately, she lives in California, and I live in DC so it is hard to borrow each other’s book. Her love for it though made me feel like I just had to have this book. I don’t have the heart to tell her I haven’t read it yet. 

Brothers: The Hidden History of the Kennedy Years     By: David Talbot: I found this book and started reading it right there in the bookstore. I think I actually was 50 pages in when I knew I just had to have it. I have not opened it since that day, but I still can’t wait to read it.

1984     By: George Orwell: I remember my cousin, Carrie, telling me all about this book growing up. Her enthusiasm over it made me so excited to read it, and a couple of years ago I finally got it with every intention of reading it.

Matterhorn      By: Karl Marlantes: This book is as daunting as Atlas Shrugged for me now. It is giant! I love historical fiction though and with all the great reviews this book got I went out and bought it right away when it came out in paperback. My goal is to get to it within the next couple of weeks.

House of Leaves     By: Mark Danielewski:   I HAD to buy this book. Just had to. This book's complexity scares me, and intrigues me at the same time, and I was so excited when I found it, but still haven't worked up the courage to read it.

There it is. Only 8 this week, but still plenty that need to be read! What are some books you just HAD to buy, but are still sitting on your shelf?

1 comment:

  1. Haven't read 1984 which irritates my friend no end because he loved it. Oops.

    ReplyDelete