Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday



Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. 

This is a weekly feature that is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. For this week, the topic was "Top ten books when you need something light and fun." Hope that you enjoy, and let me know some of your own choices of light and fun reads!
 
Jemima J- This book brought me into the wonderful world of Jane Green. I have been disappointed with her recent stuff, but loved Bookends and Mr. Maybe as well!

Bossypants- Tina Fey is hysterical. I remember reading this on a plane coming back from California and was literally laughing out loud. I could have cared less if others thought I was the weird passenger laughing with herself.

Anything by Chelsea Handler- She is inappropriate, extremely witty, and a definite good read. Everyone of her books has made me laugh until I cried. I really can't believe she has done half the things she has. I live vicariously through her in the books!

Where'd you Go, Bernadette- I just finished reading this book (review below). It was nothing like I had read in awhile and was just so quirky. I found myself flying through the book pretending like I didn't have other things to do.

Harry Potter series- Come on.....magic, adventure, and danger? Count me in. Every book is a fast read, and although some of the books are sad or a little dark, I can't not put this on the list! I think everyone should read these books!

Ten Girls to Watch- This is another easy read. About a girl trying to make it in NYC and she gets to interview all these awesome women.

Anything by Rachel Gibson- The thing I love about her books is they are fast paced and always have romance in them. Actually, it's predominantly about romance. Yes, they can be cheesy at times, but sometimes you need a little cheesy in your life.

Seriously...I'm Kidding- Ellen....oh my word, how I idolize this women. She can make you laugh without having to be dirty or inappropriate. Her humor is just so addicting and it seems like it comes so easily to her. Love her book! And it is really quick. Works for a time when maybe you need a pick me up!

Stupid and Contagious- The protagonist in this book is quirky and ironic. She is definitely contradicting herself and confusing everyone around her. You think you have bad luck? Hers is probably worse. But that just means their is always something to laugh about.

Well, here are my picks for the week! What are some books that you like that are a light and fun read!?

No comments:

Post a Comment