Monday, September 23, 2013

A to Z Survey



I love surveys!! I am all about filling in surveys, no matter what their content. I actually got the idea to do this survey from a blog I frequent, The Perpetual Page Turner  I have been wanting to get back into blogging for awhile now, (yes, I know it has been way too long since my last post), and I thought this might be the post to get me back into the groove of things. So without further ado......the A to Z Survey.


Author you’ve read the most books from:
Gosh, I think this would be between Jane Green and JK Rowling. I read all of the Harry Potter books so it would be a close race between the two ladies.
Best Sequel Ever:
Hmmmm...I will say that I LOVED the Hunger Games: Catching Fire. I usually don’t read YA books, but I really, really got into this series.
Currently Reading:
The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane By: Katherine Howe- and it is really good!
Drink of Choice While Reading:
Tea or wine. If it is during the day I always love to have a cup of tea next to me. At night, it could be either of the two.
E-reader or Physical Book?
Physical book for the most part, and definitely Kindle when I am travelling. I used to really only read from my Kindle, but realized how much I missed the feel of an actual book so I had to go back to the original!
Fictional Character You Probably Would Have Actually Dated In High School:
Ron Weasley- I absolutely adored him in the Harry Potter series

Glad You Gave This Book A Chance:
The Book Thief – I had this book on my Kindle forever before I dove into it. I started it once, but at the time I was so afraid it was going to be depressing and put me into a horrible mood so I had to stop. Once I did get into it though I couldn’t put it down!
Hidden Gem Book:
Me Before You By: Jojo Meyers- I thought this was just going to be a fun, random chick lit book, and it was SO much more! I read it in one day. Please, please read it!
Important Moment in your Reading Life:
When I started to bring a book everywhere with me in case I was ever somewhere that I needed to wait for someone. People started noticing I always had a book on me, and then started asking for book recommendations. I realized I loved sharing books that I really enjoyed and so I started a book blog. I know I have been horrible on entries for the past couple of months, but I do really plan on getting back into it. Life has been hectic with me moving across the country.
Just Finished:
The Tea Rose By: Jennifer Donnelly
Kinds of Books You Won’t Read:
I usually don’t read sci-fi. Every once in awhile someone or a blog will get me in the mood to tolerate one, and I find that I enjoyed them, but I still don’t ever crave or look for sci-fi.
Longest Book You’ve Read:
The books in the Game of Thrones series for sure! Those books are beasts!
Major book hangover because of:
The Shadow of the Wind By: Carlos Ruiz Zafon- Oh my gosh, I couldn’t get like 20 pages into a book before deciding it wasn’t worth my time for a couple of weeks after that one.
Number of Bookcases You Own:
I used to have 2 in my last apartment, but now I have none. I moved across the country recently, and I have a huge box of books at the moment, including some on a bookshelf there. At the place I am living I have them in stacks on the floor and in a couple of nightstands. They are all over!
One Book You Have Read Multiple Times:
Pride & Prejudice- I read it every Christmas without fail!
Preferred Place To Read:
At a comfy coffee shop or snuggled on the couch with a blanket (especially on a rainy day).
Quote that inspires you/gives you all the feels from a book you’ve read:
“He smiled understandingly-much more than understandingly. It was one of those rare smiles with a quality of eternal reassurance in it, that you may come across four or five times in life. It faced--or seemed to face--the whole eternal world for an instant, and then concentrated on you with an irresistible prejudice in your favor. It understood you just as far as you wanted to be understood, believed in you as you would like to believe in yourself, and assured you that it had precisely the impression of you that, at your best, you hoped to convey.”
F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby
Reading Regret:
I hate not being able to finish books. It really, really bothers me to put give up on a book. I used to never leave a book before finishing it, and now I do. Ugh, I hate that I give in and don’t finish books now, but I feel like my time is limited, so I want to read a book I really enjoy.
Series You Started And Need To Finish(all books are out in series):
The Divergent series. People will probably think I am crazy, but I just didn’t love the first book. I kind of want to keep reading the series though to see if maybe I am missing something. I just don’t know, I feel lostnot liking the books and everyone loving them!
Three of your All-Time Favorite Books:
Ugh, I don’t know if I can just pick three! I guess I would have to say Pride & Prejudice for sure, and then The Shadow in the Wind, and Harry Potter.
Unapologetic Fangirl For:
Pride and Prejudice. A lot of people roll their eyes when they ask me what my favorite book is and I mention this. I don't care if it seems cliche, I absolutely love this book!
Very Excited For This Release More Than All The Others:
Umm….to be honest, I can’t really think of any. I have so many books at the moment I want to read that I haven't really been focused on upcoming releases.
Worst Bookish Habit:
I dog-ear my books. Yes, I know. Everyone is always asking me how I can do that, but one, I love being able to go back and look at great lines I read, and two, I love worn looking books, so it doesn’t bother me. I am ashamed that I am not ashamed.
X Marks The Spot: Start at the top left of your shelf and pick the 27th book:
See, this is why I need to buy some bookshelves.
Your latest book purchase:
The Tea Rose for a book club.
ZZZ-snatcher book (last book that kept you up WAY late):
The Secret Keeper by Kate Morton- by far one of my favorite authors!!


No comments:

Post a Comment