Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday



Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and The Bookish.

 

This is a weekly feature that is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. For this week, the topic was "Top Ten Things I am Thankful For." Hope that you enjoy, and let me know some of the things you are thankful for this holiday season!


1)      Family/Friends: This year has been quite the year. Lots of decision-making and leaps were taken. I could never, and I can’t emphasize this enough, NEVER, have done any of this without my support system. I am truly blessed to have such an amazing family and network of friends who have shown their support emotionally, through guidance, through the opening of their homes to me, and giving me the confidence to take chances!


2)      Coffee: Really, let’s be honest, I wouldn’t survive without the amazing ness of this beverage.


3)      Scandal: The show, not the actual act. I am obsessed with this show. I am ashamed because I am not ashamed of the love I have for this show. I don’t care for drama in my life, so this show gives me a little dramatic fix when I need it. And you just never know what is going to happen……each week I find myself with my jaw to the floor in shock. Shonda Rhimes is a genius!


4)      Being Employed: There are many who are not able to find a steady job right now, and with the holidays coming up, I am even more grateful to have a new job!


5)      Barnes N Noble: Or really any bookstore for that matter. This is where I go after a bad day, when I need me time, or just want to be surrounded by books for a little while. It makes me so sad that everything is starting to become all electronic….I cringe when another bookstore closes!


6)      Blankets: Doesn’t matter what color, shape, or size, there is nothing like curling up on the couch on a rainy day surrounded by the warmth of a great blanket and book.


7)      Pinterest: I know that it’s probably more of a waste of my time more than anything else. But I love the DIY ideas I get from it! There’s something for everyone on Pinterest!


8)      Having Basic Rights: To be honest, I am probably not nearly as grateful and thankful as I should be about this. I sometimes forget what a privilege it is to grow up and live in a country that has given me the choice of an education/career/childbirth, etc. I know this was not always the case, and I am also aware of some of the battles (same-sex marriage) that are still ongoing today. However, with that being said, there are still countries that don’t allow women to go to school, are given up as a child bride at the age of 11, and those who aren’t even given basic rights!


9)      Post-its: I make lists on those things allllll day long. I heart lists! :) And I know that I could make them on my phone and probably save trees in the process, but for me post-its are just so much more fun to use. They have neon color options, pastel options, small one, long ones, some post-its are lined, while other are not. The options are endless!


10)  Ryan Gosling: I mean…do I even need to explain?

No comments:

Post a Comment